[tahoe-dev] Does fuse supports hard links ?

denis.bonnenfant denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org
Mon Dec 1 00:08:37 PST 2008

Hi everbody,

First point :

- Finally i managed to get tahoe working with debian sarge ( many hacks
needed ! ) If somebody is interested i can document it.

- For windows version, I never succed in generating a working standalone
package from the head source.  Altough make test succeds, the .exe
generated by make windows-exe doesn't works. I guess that there are some
dependancies problems, but in windows, this is a real nightmare :(

So finally :

- I grab the install dir from the allmydata client,
- copy it to c:\program files
- create the root dir : c:\tahoe for example
- run "c:\program files\tahoe\tahoe" create-client c:\tahoe
- copy introducer.furl to c:\tahoe
- add [Hkey_Local_Machine\software\allmydata] "Base Dir
Path"="c:\tahoe"  to registry
- run "c:\program files\tahoe\tahoesvc" -install
- run net start tahoesvc

So maybe it sould be a good thing to add this to the docs for
documenting the windows behavior, as it is somewhat different from unix
one !

Second point :

I want to use backuppc as frontend for my servers backup. But it depends
on storages supporting hard links. Does tahoe's fuse implementation
support it ? If not, is there a way to allow backuppc to connect
directly to tahoe, as it uses internally some kind of rsync, that may be
quite easy to redirect to tahoe commands ?

Thanks,

Denis