[tahoe-dev] RAM and CPU requirements for a tahoe storage server

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Dec 31 12:06:28 PST 2008

Folks:

I just had reason to look at the stats from allmydata.com's farm of
tahoe servers.  I didn't do a comprehensive survey -- I just glanced
at the historical stats for a couple of boxes which are currently in
heavy use.

The approximate rule of thumb is that 200 MB of RAM and 1/8th of a
Xeon or Opteron seems to be plenty for a single Tahoe storage server
node serving about 1 TB of storage.

Obviously this might change with different workload.

Does anyone else have similar data points to share?

---
Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem -- http://allmydata.org
store your data: $10/month -- http://allmydata.com/?tracking=zsig