[tahoe-dev] Chinese Tahoe-LAFS users found on the Internet

yu xue xueyu7452 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 01:43:33 UTC 2010

The topics that they talked are:

1. how to use tahoe-lafs, for example, make resources read-only.

2. The directory and sub-directory are all encrypted, so there is no way to
analysis the
membership relation only by the link. Any sub-filefolder in the filefolder
can be deleted and renamed.

3. If tahoe-lafs support the file which is 5 MB large?

4. They prefer to use distributed Tahoe-lafs http://pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org.
Because it is secure, nobody know what your file content excpet you and the
people who share with you. It not only encrypt but also split the resources
into pieces and to different machines.

5. They are trying to mount their website @tiver_se on Tahoe-lafs
http://goo.go/GljL. In this way they don't need a new IP which is needed in
order to use JS to remote control static Flash page and have risk of DDOS
and filewall

  Regards
     Yu Xue

2010/8/5 Zooko O'Whielacronx <zooko at zooko.com>

> I tweeted [1]:
>
> """
> Wow, these people seem to be teaching each other in Chinese how to use
> Tahoe-LAFS. What UI for it are they talking about?
> http://futurex.status.net/tag/tahoelafs
> """
>
> My attempts to decode their posts using the google or yahoo
> translation services suggest that they are talking about how to use
> some Tahoe-LAFS user interface to do things like switch to a read-only
> view of a file or directory.
>

> Regards,
>
> Zooko
>
> [1] http://twitter.com/zooko/status/20273463848