[tahoe-dev] what do we want from decentralized introduction?

Terrell Russell terrellrussell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 01:55:08 UTC 2010

On 7/9/10 2:18 PM, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> Assumption 4: if there is an "introducers" file at startup then it
> will *not* look into the .tahoe/tahoe.cfg file to find the
> "introducer.furl" entry, and any entry which is in there will be
> ignored.

When starting up, tahoe should report if it's ignoring an 'extra'
setting in tahoe.cfg - a kind of deprecation notification...

Arguably, this is true of anything we change with regards to how tahoe
is configured - for backwards compatibility and to encourage proactive
maintenance of existing deployments.

Terrell