[tahoe-dev] Building the Tahoe Windows Client

Thomas P Jakobsen thomas.jak at gmail.com
Wed May 5 08:45:47 PDT 2010

-------------- next part --------------

Hi,

I would like to try out the Tahoe Windows client. I couldn't find any
binaries, so I guess I have to build it myself.

Inspired by the last paragraph in
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/195, I've set up Cygwin,
downloaded the Tahoe source and run

    make windows-installer

This results in:

Administrator at thomas-5bfd865b ~/tahoe/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-SUMO
$ make windows-installer

python setup.py run_with_pythonpath -c "make -C windows windows-installer"
running run_with_pythonpath
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Administrator/tahoe/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-SUMO/windows'
python setup.py py2exe
running py2exe
error: Platform cygwin not yet implemented
make[1]: *** [windows-exe.stamp] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/tahoe/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-SUMO/windows'
command = make -C windows windows-installer
make: *** [windows-installer] Error 2

Is running the "make windows-installer" the preferred way to build the
Windows client? If not, how should I then proceed? And if yes, what
can I do to get rid of the error?

The error mentioned might be an issue more suited for the py2exe
mailing list (so I've made a post there, too). But as far as my
understanding goes, the Tahoe Windows Installer is meant to be build
with Cygwin and therefore some of you may have solved this before.

Note that I can build tahoe successfully except a single warning:

$ make
python setup.py build
running darcsver

darcs failed:  Not a repository: . (./_darcs/inventory: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory))
running develop
Not found: ../tahoe-deps
running egg_info
[snip]