[tahoe-dev] logo bikeshedding

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Thu May 13 10:33:04 PDT 2010

On 5/13/10 3:51 AM, Kevin Reid wrote:

>   <http://switchb.org/kpreid/2009/tahoe/logo-1-o>

Ooh, that's kinda pretty. Some thoughts:
 - I'm sure Zooko would like "-LAFS" in the name
 - Maybe there's a slightly nicer/more-interesting font we could find?
   I like the san-serif simple style, but that "a" looks a little sad.
 - The solid red "o" feels disconnected... it's easy to read it as
"Tah+circle+e". Maybe a thin black "o" that's filled in with red?
 - I imagine three uses for circles:
  - client/gateway vs servers
  - erasure coding (splitting one object into several smaller ones)
  - permuted ring
    Using the "o" to capture the permuted ring peer-selection thing
would probably involve putting the server/share circles both over and
under the rest of the word, at slightly random locations (or uniformly
spaced at 120deg but the arrows that go from the red "o" ring to the
black server circles would originate at slightly random offsets).

Eh, just getting distracted by graphic design ideas when I should really
be working on code..

cheers,