[tahoe-dev] Mount tahoe-lafs with pyfilesystem and Dokan on Windows XP

Vlastimil Ovčáčík v.ovcacik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:55:25 PDT 2011

Hi,

I was asked to let you know how mounting tahoe-lafs with pyfilesystem
+ dokan lib worked for me. I have to say it was quite easy to get it
working, but it would take me a lot more time if google would not find
me mounting script for pyfilesystem. As of performance it is as fast
as I would expect, but I am new to tahoe-lafs so its hard to compare.
Anyway it got me excited and I am looking forward to test tahoe in
depth and eventually use it for backups. This brings me to a question
- is there a public grid for backup purposes?

Hoping google will stumble upon this email I will include how to mount
tahoe-lafs with pyfilesystem and Dokan on Windows:

1) Get and install Dokan lib at http://dokan-dev.net/en/download/#dokan

2) Get pyfilesystem at http://code.google.com/p/pyfilesystem/downloads/list

3) Install pyfilesystem:
cmd> python setup.py build
cmd> python setup.py install

4) Verify that pyfilesystem is installed:
cmd> python
python>>> import fs
python>>> fs.__version__

5) Mount test/public grid to F:\ letter
cmd> python
python>>> from fs.contrib.tahoelafs import TahoeLAFS
python>>> from fs.expose import dokan
python>>> fs = TahoeLAFS('URI:DIR2:ctmtx2awdo4xt77x5xxaz6nyxm:n5t546ddvd6xlv4v6se6sjympbdbvo7orwizuzl42urm73sxazqa')
python>>> mp = dokan.mount(fs, "f", foreground=True)

---
Ovcacik