[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS v1.9.0 for Ubuntu Oneiric!? Re: when do patches need to be finished in order to get into v1.9.0?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sun Jul 10 08:51:34 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM,  <bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org> wrote:

> A new version is good news, specially this one bringing multiple
> introducers for storage grid, a feature I can wait to use!

Ah, the multi-introducers feature is not going to be ready for v1.9
unless someone volunteers to work on it. Faruq wrote a patch, which
included some unit tests, but Myckel tried the patch and reported some
weird behavior. I can't tell for sure if it was a coincidence --
Myckel's Tahoe-LAFS grid may have failed due to some unrelated issue
-- or if there is some bug in Faruq's patch. In any case Faruq's patch
doesn't have a unit test which specifically simulates the situation
that Myckel experience, so therefore the patch isn't ready to be
merged into trunk. Please see #68 for details and for your opportunity
to help. :-)

You could start by just trying Faruq's patch and seeing how it works for you.

> Should I open a ticket too to have the manpage I wrote and published on the
> Debian package git merged into this release?

Yes, please! Oh no wait, we've already got one: #1420. The next step
on that ticket is for someone other than you to review the contents of
the patch. It also wouldn't hurt for you to create a darcs patch for
it. Here's how: http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/Patches

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/68# implement distributed
introduction, remove Introducer as a single point of failure
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1420# adopt man page that
bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org wrote