[tahoe-dev] Master thesis - contributing to Tahoe-Lafs

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Mon Jul 18 08:38:55 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Andre Stenvall <spekkes at gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m in the starting phase of my master thesis in computer science and I
> think this would be a good opportunity to contributing to the open source
> community. My supervisor at the university suggested Tahoe-LAFS and from
> what I have read so far this is one interesting project.

Hello there, Andre Stenvall.

I'm sorry that nobody replied to your letter (at least publicly). Did
you settle on a project for your Master's thesis?

Whether or not you decided to work on Tahoe-LAFS, I would be
interested in hearing about your thought process in choosing a project
and in hearing about what project you settled on.

By the way, ticket #68 remains open. The simple "replicated
introducers" approach implemented by Faruq Sarkar has never been
vetted for inclusion in trunk (see the trac ticket for why not) and
distributed introduction continues to be a frequently requested
feature.

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/68# implement distributed
introduction, remove Introducer as a single point of failure