[tahoe-dev] another 1.9 update: MDMF hacking continues

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Mon Sep 5 12:11:21 PDT 2011

We're deep in the guts of the new MDMF code, cleaning things up and
fixing bugs that we're not comfortable leaving in place for the 1.9
release. Some of the bugs have provoked us to restructure the code a
bit, so it's taking some time.

My current expectation is that we'll release an alpha2 next weekend with
the MDMF changes. We'll give that a week or two to bake and then declare
a code freeze and release beta1, after which it should only be docs and
packaging changes. Not sure about an ETA for 1.9.0-final, but early
October looks plausible. I've got some work trips happening this month,
so the release may be delayed because of me, but I'll try to arrange
things so that community testing can take place while I'm otherwise
occupied.

cheers,