[tahoe-lafs-trac-stream] [Tahoe-LAFS] #2011: Make the PyPI distribution name consistent with the domain name and debian packages.

Tahoe-LAFS trac at tahoe-lafs.org
Fri Mar 25 18:01:12 UTC 2016

#2011: Make the PyPI distribution name consistent with the domain name and debian
packages.
     Reporter:           |      Owner:  warner
  nejucomo               |
         Type:  defect   |     Status:  assigned
    Component:           |    Version:  1.10.0
  packaging              |   Keywords:  packaging pypi backward-
   Resolution:           |  compatibility
Launchpad Bug:           |

Comment (by warner):

 Replying to [comment:4 daira]:
 > If we changed the package name for 1.11, that would mean nodes created
 by 1.11 could not be run by versions earlier than 1.10.1, but that's
 probably fine.

 I need to test it, but we stopped using the contents of the .tac files
 back in 1.9.2 (commit [87a6894e62] on 23-May-2012). So I think the
 lingering `pkg_resources.require('allmydata-tahoe')` in them won't affect
 our backwards-compatibility story very much.

--
Ticket URL: <https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/2011#comment:13>
Tahoe-LAFS <https://Tahoe-LAFS.org>