[tahoe-dev] Tahoe v0.5.1 is ready to roll.

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Thu Aug 23 14:18:19 PDT 2007

Folks:

I've tagged, updated relnotes.txt, and so forth:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/browser/relnotes.txt

Here is the section of relnotes.txt saying what's new in v0.5.1:

-------
Since v0.5.0 we've made the following changes:

  * fixed security flaw in which XSS/XSRF attacks could disclose
    private files or delete files (ticket #98)

  * updated the webapi and the webapi.txt document for clarity and
    easier access to read/write permission metadata (ticket #118)

  * removed the --vdrive option from the command-line tools, since the
    security fix makes the private vdrive unavailable to the
    command-line tools; We will make it available again in a secure way
    in a future release -- see ticket #120.
-------

If anybody wants to check it out and make sure I didn't screw
something up that would be great.  I'll send out announcements to a
couple of mailing lists later today.