[tahoe-dev] blog buzz

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sat Aug 16 09:41:47 PDT 2008

Folks:

Gwern on IRC mentioned that he had seen something about Tahoe and
allmydata.com on a blog, but he couldn't remember which one.

"Tahoe is being discussed on blogs?" I wondered.  So I used google's
"blog search" function and found a few hits:

http://makky.jp/blog/2008/07/allmydata_tahoe.html

Hm.  It's in Japanese, and it appears to have accumulated the most
important getting-started docs: installing tahoe, starting it, and
programming it through the wapi.  Otherwise there doesn't seem to be
any comment added by the author.

http://electronicportfolios.org/blog/2008/04/more-online-storage-
services-explored.html

This blog is about education and "e-portfolios".  I don't know what e-
portfolios are.  One of the things that I love about capitalism and
the modern world is that it is full of people actively and happily
working on stuff that I've never heard of.

One of my goals for Tahoe is that the day will come when there are
people actively and happily using Tahoe for things that I don't
understand.  Actually, judging from this mailing list, this process
has already begun.

Anyway, this blogger who is into e-portfolios wants a service where
she can keep stuff and conveniently hyperlink to it.  She likes the
way allmydata.com facilitates that.  Oh, and this was back in April,
so hopefully if she tries the new allmydata.com 3.1 she'll like it
even more.

http://blog.labnotes.org/2008/04/27/rounded-corners-202-saas-open-
disclosure

This blogger likes the idea that he can subscribe to service from
allmydata.com, but that he can know exactly how it works because the
source code is open source.  He writes "source code as a form of open
disclosure".  Good point.