[tahoe-dev] #536: port number conflict: 8123 is (or was) used by polipo and is blocked by TorButton

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Nov 26 05:29:53 PST 2008

[following-up to my own post]

I chatted with Tor leader Roger Dingledine about this issue.  He
mentioned that they do not recommend the use of Tor without
TorButton.  It occurred to me that if we do ship Tahoe 1.3.0 with
default port 8123, then we can publish a FAQ or work-around
explaining how to change the Tahoe port, which is easier than
explaining how to change the polipo/torbutton/firefox ports.