[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #68: implement distributed introduction, remove Introducer as a single point of failure

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Tue Aug 4 08:20:32 PDT 2009

#68: implement distributed introduction, remove Introducer as a single point of
failure
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lvo                  |           Owner:  nobody
     Type:  enhancement          |          Status:  new

Comment(by zooko):

 This review of Tahoe-LAFS on arstechnica.com reminds me that while issue
 #68 seems relatively non-urgent to me because I know how little the grid
 relies on the introducer and how easy it is to replicate introducers, it
 would be much better if we could simply say "the grid is fully
 decentralized" and then introductory articles like this one could optimize
 out a whole paragraph describing the introducer.

 http://allmydata.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2009-August/002509.html

 Also, fixing this ticket would be fun.  Someone should do it.  :-)

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/68#comment:15>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>