[tahoe-dev] No module named python....

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Wed Aug 5 22:19:12 PDT 2009

On Wednesday,2009-08-05, at 23:08 , Samps wrote:

> Tried that. Didn't make huge difference, so I tried 'apt-get purge'
> instead, followed by 'apt-get install'.

How about this.  Do the apt-get purge on everything that shows up with:

dpkg --list '*twisted*' | grep ^\.i

And then while the ubuntu packages for Twisted are not installed, use
"python -c 'import twisted;print twisted'" to find files and
directories that are present, and then rm -rf them.

Then reinstall the ubuntu packages, and then see if this says that a
__version__ and a "module named python" are importable:

python -c 'import twisted;print twisted;print twisted.__version__'
python -c 'import twisted.python;print twisted.python'

Thanks!