[tahoe-dev] Mac users: Publish your iCal calendars over Tahoe

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Sat Aug 15 05:03:33 PDT 2009

On Aug 15, 2009, at 3:33, David Abrahams wrote:

> on Thu Jul 09 2009, Kevin Reid <kpreid-ee4meeAH724-AT-
> public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> How to publish iCal calendars over Tahoe:
>
> What are the implications of publishing calendars this way?  Can I
> write
> to these calendars from other machines, or is this strictly a one-way
> push?

The relationship between a local iCal calendar and a WebDAV resource
is unidirectional: iCal will either read it ("subscribe") or write it
("publish") but not both. If you want 2-way or N-way sync, you'll have
to write the infrastructure yourself and connect to iCal yourself
through Sync Services.

(Sync Services-based network sync is available to MobileMe customers
among their own computers (or rather, the computers they're willing to
leave their password on), but it's all-or-nothing; you get the exact
same calendars on every desktop.)

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>