[tahoe-dev] IPv6 support

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Sat Aug 22 23:53:04 PDT 2009

On Saturday 22 August 2009 04:37:49 pm Brian Warner wrote:
> So, not a deep problem, but enough work to be annoying, especially if
> you have to start with Twisted. I'd love to see foolscap and tahoe be
> v6-capable.. I don't have a v6 tunnel set up myself, but I'd be willing
> to figure that part out if it would help test this stuff.

Thanks for the information.  I'll add it to my list of stuff to look into.

Setting up a v6 tunnel is pretty easy.  Just go to a tunnel broker (I use
tunnelbroker.net) and sign up to get your own bajillions of publicly-routable
IPv6 addresses, and for instructions on how to set up the tunnel.  After you
have a tunnel, you can fire up a radvd server and instantly all of the
machines on your LAN should pick up the router advertisement and statelessly
auto-configure themselves.

	Shawn.