[tahoe-dev] Trac keywords (was: what does the "reliability" keyword mean?)

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 21:47:54 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:43 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood
<david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:
>> durability: this issue could lead to the unintended loss of data
>
> I changed this to "dataloss", since durability will mean something
> different to database folks.

I don't know -- I actually think "durability" means the same thing to
us and to database folks.

In any case our keywords are phrased in the positive, so it would have
to be something like "data-preservation".  :-)  (In the same way we
have "integrity" instead of "corruption" and "confidentiality" instead
of "having your private information suddenly exposed to the world".)

Seriously, I think "durability" is the right word.

Don't worry about tahoe-dev traffic triggered by making edits to the
tickets -- I manually moderate whether to send to tahoe-dev or not
every such message.