[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-lafs and nodes behind NAT (behind another NAT)

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Sun Dec 20 15:12:14 PST 2009

On Sunday 20 December 2009 08:54:10 am Jody Harris wrote:
> BitTorrent is another open project that has overcome these kinds of
> problems.

Not in my experience... what I see is the various Bittorrent clients I use
(mostly Azureus/Vuze, but I've tried several) require me to manually set up
port forwarding on my router to make them work well.  The same solution works
for Tahoe.

Actually, at the moment I'm running a router that properly implements UPnP, so
Vuze "just works", but proper UPnP implementations are rare.

Are you aware of a BT client that works better with NAT?  Especially
multi-layered NAT?

	Shawn.