[tahoe-dev] "tahoe stats" command

Brian Warner warner-tahoe at allmydata.com
Tue Feb 10 13:23:20 PST 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:23:36 +1100
Andrej Falout <andrej at falout.org> wrote:

> tahoe cp --recursive --verbose
> tahoe:'Backups/polar/data/Pictures/Latest' '/tmp/Pictures-RESTORE'
>
> After a bit of 'thinking', this prints out:
>       starting copy, 5212 files, 206 directories
> which matches number of files I expect (not the number printed by
> 'tahoe stats'), but not the number of directories (which 'tahoe stats'
> printed correctly)?

Yeah, that sounds like something has gone wrong. Could you 'ls' some of the
directories and see if there's anything obviously missing?

> Then the download appears to start, there is a lot of network traffic,
> but in 20 minutes not a single file appears in
> '/tmp/Pictures-RESTORE'.

That also sounds like something is broken. While that is running, please look
at the 'Recent Uploads And Downloads' page in your tahoe node's web interface
(there's a link from the front "welcome" page): it should show at least one
download in progress (for an actual file download) or a "retrieve" (for a
directory listing). That should give you some idea of what the network
traffic is being used for.

Maybe that can help us track down why you weren't seeing any files appearing
in the target directory.

thanks,