[tahoe-dev] Unicode issues review

Francois Deppierraz francois at ctrlaltdel.ch
Tue Feb 17 04:11:10 PST 2009

Hi folks,

1.3.0 being out of the door, it's just about time to fix all those nasty
unicode issues before 1.3.1.

I just added a patch in the bug tracker [1] which is based on the
discussions we had previously. It's yet meant primarily for review purpose.

The main limitation is that only systems using an UTF-8 filesystem and
UTF-8 command line arguments are currently supported. However, it should
be easy to support other encoding as soon as we have a way to detect it.

sys.getfilesystemencoding() seems to work fine for filesystem encoding
but command line argument is another story (see #565).

Thanks for your help !

François

[1] http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/attachment/ticket/534/stringutils.dpatch

Tickets linked to those unicode issues.