[tahoe-dev] Unicode issues review

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Feb 17 15:46:33 PST 2009

On Feb 17, 2009, at 16:34 PM, Brian Warner wrote:

> Ah, which means that storing childname-encoding in the dirnode
> doesn't actually help, because the real problem is that we don't
> know what that encoding is.

Yeah, the only thing we could use inside the directory structure that
we don't already have is a single bit per child name.  If True, then
the name is utf-8 encoded.  If False, then the name is a sequence of
bytes and you're on your own figuring out what it meant to the person
who created it.

---
Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem -- http://allmydata.org
store your data: $10/month -- http://allmydata.com/?tracking=zsig