[tahoe-dev] A Tahoe Cookbook

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Mon Feb 23 03:17:53 PST 2009

Hi!

As I noted earlier, I'd love to draw a big picture describing how to
use Tahoe's different functions. I'm thinking about a guide that
describes the options quite in-depth, also pointing out all the
implications or problems.

I'll probably simply *test* quite some things/scenarios myself, but if
you don't mind, I'd also like to place a good number of detailled
questions on-list to get source code author's ideas and intentions, as
well as hints about work-in-progress.

So before starting, I'd like to hear that nobody will feel overly
attacked by questions here on the list. :-D

Another thing to decide about is the overall approach. My *intention*
is to start with the ways one could *access* Tahoe, showing how
applicable config options change Tahoe's behaviour regarding that
specific usage case.  A second part should handle more general
options, giving hints for specific known "problems" (NATting firewall
with port-forwarding --> generating correct FURLs etc.)

What do you think about that approach? Does it sound reasable to you?
If not, please suggest improvements over that!

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:                   ...und wenn Du denkst, es geht nicht mehr,