[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #534: "tahoe cp" command encoding issue

Andrej Falout andrej at falout.org
Wed Feb 25 03:05:33 PST 2009

Hi François,

following the instructions:

Backing up ./src/allmydata/scripts/tahoe_backup.py(-darcs-backup0)
There are conflicts in the following files:
./src/allmydata/scripts/tahoe_backup.py

darcs failed:  Refusing to apply patches leading to conflicts.
If you would rather apply the patch and mark the conflicts,
use the --mark-conflicts or --allow-conflicts options to apply
These can set as defaults by adding
 apply mark-conflicts
to _darcs/prefs/defaults in the target repo.

Thanks,
Andrej

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Francois Deppierraz <francois at ctrlaltdel.ch
> wrote:

> Hi Andrej,
>
> Andrej Falout wrote:
>
> > can you please explain "repository" to an non-Python person?
>
> Oops, sorry for not being clear enough. It's a darcs repository actually.
>
> Here is the complete procedure:
>
> darcs get http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/trunk-darcs1format tahoe
> cd tahoe
> wget
> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/raw-attachment/ticket/534/unicode-v2.dpatch
> darcs apply unicode-v2.dpatch
>
> > I tried applying patch in the root of the source code, but this failed
> with:
> >
> >         darcs failed:  Unable to "darcs apply" here.
> >         You need to be in a repository directory to run this command.
>
> Yes, unfortunately, it not a standard patch but a darcs dpatch generated
> by darcs send.
>
> François

Andrej Falout
AU: +61 (410) 463 735 NZ: +64 (21) 0256 6825 US: +1 (360) 488 0970