[tahoe-dev] new stable grid volunteers

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri Feb 27 10:23:45 PST 2009

Okay I have created an introducer for the Volunteer Grid.

The introducer's furl is:

pb://
6cypm5tfsv6ag43g3j5z74qx5nfxa2qq at 207.7.131.41:64228,nooxie.zooko.com:
64228/introducer

You can see this introducer's wui at http://nooxie.zooko.com:9797 .

Hm, this immediately makes me want a report of total capacity and
free capacity from each storage server listed on that page.

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/648 # show server capacities
on introducer welcome page

Details:

nooxie is located in a co-lo in San Francisco.  I'll let you know
once I figure out how to add nooxie's location to http://
OpenStreetMap.org .

Nooxie is an athlon64 server running a beta release of an old version
of Nexenta GNU/OpenSolaris (http://nexenta.org ).  uname -a says:

SunOS nooxie 5.11 NexentaOS_20070704 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

It has two identical SATA drives of about 33 GB capacity each in a
ZFS RAID-Z mirror, at the time of this writing about 5 GB free. Note
that nooxie is not currently offering a storage server, only an
introducer.

I'm afraid to mess with the configuration of the operating system or
network, because the physical box is in a different geographic region
from me, so its uptime is 590 days.

The IP address is staticly assigned, the domain name
"nooxie.zooko.com" is included in the furl just for future robustness.

Hey, I guess we should start a page on the wiki about this grid.

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/VolunteerGrid

---
Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem -- http://allmydata.org
store your data: $10/month -- http://allmydata.com/?tracking=zsig