[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #755: if there is an unrecoverable subdirectory, the web deep-check report loses other information

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Sat Jul 11 14:00:14 PDT 2009

#755: if there is an unrecoverable subdirectory, the web deep-check report loses
other information
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zooko              |           Owner:  warner
     Type:  defect             |          Status:  new
 If I do a deep-check on a directory, I start getting results reported on
 the web page showing the files and subdirectories within that directory.
 Reloading (or waiting for the automatic self-reload) shows more and more
 results.  Until one of the subdirectories is unrecoverable, in which case
 the web page containing the deep check results is replaced with a web page
 saying only this:

 {{{
 UnrecoverableFileError: the directory (or mutable file) could not be
 retrieved, because there were insufficient good shares. This might
 indicate that no servers were connected, insufficient servers were
 connected, the URI was corrupt, or that shares have been lost due to
 server departure, hard drive failure, or disk corruption. You should
 perform a filecheck on this object to learn more.
 }}}

 To close this ticket, make it so that I can still see all the other result
 that have already been generated, plus further results about other files
 and subdirectories that haven't yet been checked, even while there is an
 unrecoverable subdirectory present.

 I'm using the current trunk: 1.4.1-r3982.

 Brian: are you willing to take this ticket?

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/755>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>