[tahoe-dev] v1.5 status

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 22:29:41 PDT 2009

Folks:

Not unexpectedly, my getting a day job and Brian going off on vacation
(or "gallivanting", as I prefer to call it) has slowed down
development of TahoeLAFS.  v1.5 is late!  I decided today that I
really need to punt certain things, starting with the Macintosh
packaging that I've been working on (tickets #762 and #763).

Looking at the rest of The RoadMap
(http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=1.5.0
), most of these can be bumped from v1.5 once we've properly
investigated the ones that *might* be critical dangers or regressions
from v1.4.1...

(Time passes as Zooko updates various tickets...)

Okay, I've bumped #566 (after doing something to improve the
situation), #691 (after doing something to improve it), #755.

That leaves #705 (thanks, Kevan!), #748 (needs to be investigated a
bit -- probably not critical and probably not a regression), #758
(should be easy to fix), #668 (ugh -- shall we punt this one?).

tickets mentioned in this e-mail:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/566 # host tahoe dependencies
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/668 # easy_install
allmydata-tahoe is broken
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/691 # improve WUI directory
page according to a new user's first impressions
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/705 # "tahoe mv" unlinks the
target even when it is a directory
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/748 # Exception: <class
'allmydata.mutable.common.UncoordinatedWriteError'> when trying to
create directory on testgrid
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/749 # Tahoe-LAFS fails unit
tests when the "-OO" flag is passed to Python to optimize and strip
docstrings
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/755 # if there is an
unrecoverable subdirectory, the web deep-check report loses other
information
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/758 # maximum recursion depth
exceeded in Tahoe2PeerSelector
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/762 # build of mac package
fails due to pkgutil in zetuptoolz
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/763 # build of mac package
fails due to some mysterious reason (not pkgutil)