[tahoe-dev] seeking volunteer for an hour's labor Re: [tahoe-lafs] #773: run through installation on Windows

Shawn Willden shawn-tahoe at willden.org
Sun Jul 26 08:46:52 PDT 2009

On Sunday 26 July 2009 09:28:30 am Shawn Willden wrote:
> Ah ha!  I looked on that page and there is no egg for python 2.5 win32.
> There is for python 2.6.  I'm off to try that.  I'd rather use 2.6 anyway;
> I only used 2.5 because that's what the installation directions said.

Didn't work with 2.6 either.  I did the following:

1.  Removed all 2.5 stuff.
2.  Installed 2.6.2 from the MSI
3.  Did NOT instally pywin32.  I noticed there was a link on the deps page, so
I wondered if maybe setup would grab it.
4.  Unpacked the latest snapshot
5.  Ran \python26\python setup.py build.  It got through a bunch of stuff
(didn't install pywin32) but ultimately failed trying to build pycryptopp:

------
Installed c:\tahoe\src
Processing dependencies for allmydata-tahoe==1.4.1-r4026
Searching for pycryptopp>=0.5.15
Reading http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/deps/tahoe-dep-sdists/
Reading http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/deps/tahoe-dep-eggs/
Best match: pycryptopp 0.5.15
Downloading
http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/deps/tahoe-dep-sdists/pycryptopp-0
.5.15.tar.gz
Processing pycryptopp-0.5.15.tar.gz
Running pycryptopp-0.5.15\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:
\docume~1\admini~1\
locals~1\temp\easy_install-edumad\pycryptopp-0.5.15\egg-dist-tmp-rr4q2q
setup.py darcsver: Failure from attempt to find version tags with 'darcs
changes
', and pycryptopp\_version.py already exists, so leaving it alone.
error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat
-------

I think it didn't try to use the egg because the egg is version 0.5.12, while
the tarball is 0.5.15.

	Shawn.