[tahoe-dev] tahoe windows test error

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Tue Jul 28 11:04:20 PDT 2009

This is basically both layer 1 (build everything from source) and
layer 2 (build Tahoe-LAFS using binary dependencies) that we're
talking about here.  Perhaps they deserve separate wiki pages?  I'll
leave that up to whoever volunteers to write a good wiki page about
it.  By the way, layer 3 already exists!  The Windows buildslave
operated by allmydata.com uses py2exe to build an installer for Tahoe-
LAFS, on every checkin:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/windows/builds/1566/steps/
installer/logs/stdio

It then uploads the resulting installer:

rsync -av -e /usr/bin/ssh dist/installer/ amduser at dev:/home/amduser/
public_html/dist/tahoe/windows/

Ah, the hostname "dev:" means hanford.allmydata.com, an internal
server of allmydata.com that is accessible only to allmydata.com
employees:

http://dev.allmydata.com/~amduser/dist/tahoe/windows/

If someone wants to try out the Windows installer for Tahoe-LAFS (I
personally don't have time right now and my children are always
borrowing my Windows laptop to play Battle For Wesnoth), then we
should arrange for those installers to get uploaded to http://
allmydata.org .