[tahoe-dev] darcs patch: Lossmodel updates

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Tue Jul 28 13:54:47 PDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 6:30 PM, Shawn Willden <shawn-tahoe at willden.org>
wrote:

> Sorry for the size.  It seems to me that there's little value in
> having the
> paper in the tree without a PDF of it that people can read.

I go back and forth on this sort of thing. One compromise I've tried
with other projects is to put the document source (TeX, lyx, SVG,
texinfo, etc) under version control, but then arrange for the release
process to render it into something readable (PDF, png, info) for
inclusion in the release tarball. Folks who are working with a trunk
checkout are used to doing more work anyways. I also upload rendered
versions to a website upon each release.

A "make release" target with generates doc PDFs and then runs
"setup.py sdist" (and a suitable MANIFEST) entry to include the
generated files) would probably do the trick.

cheers,