[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in debian form

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Tue Jul 28 14:38:32 PDT 2009

#769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in
debian form
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warner     |           Owner:  zooko
     Type:  defect     |          Status:  assigned

Comment(by warner):

 I'm in an airport now, but when I'm back at home tomorrow I'll try to fix
 up the apt repo update scripts to include the new releases: lenny, jaunty,
 etc. (I had set up the flappserver receivers ahead of time, for more
 releases than we had APT automation to handle).

 I'm a bit worried about the version numbers on the pycryptopp debs: it
 looks like they're being created with "0.5.16-1", with no "r1234"-type
 suffix. Is that right? The APT repository (and the debian clients which
 pull from it) will get confused if two different binaries are uploaded
 with the same version number, such as if 0.5.16-r1234 and 0.5.16-r1235 are
 both uploaded under the name "0.5.16-1". Is stdeb using the output of
 darcsver?

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/769#comment:24>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>