[tahoe-dev] bloggety blog

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 06:56:22 PDT 2009

Folks:

I've blogged about a few things that might be of interest to
tahoe-lafs hackers, including All-Or-Nothing Transform, file-append in
HDFS, attacking multiple discrete log public keys at once, and a
possible improvement to the theory of Zooko's Triangle.  My klog is
stored on the Tahoe Test Grid (so it sometimes has crummy availability
if there are servers attached to the Test Grid which just silently
wait when you ask them for shares).

http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI:DIR2-RO:j74uhg25nwdpjpacl6rkat2yhm:kav7ijeft5h7r7rxdp5bgtlt3viv32yabqajkrdykozia5544jqa/wiki.html

Or

http://zooko.com/klog

If you want to give a friend a hyperlink to my klog, and you give them
the first one, then this empowers your friend to subsequently check
whether the klog entries he downloads are signed by my private key.
(But it doesn't require him to do so -- he can just rely on
http://testgrid.allmydata.com to do that for him.)  If you give him
the second form, the short form at http://zooko.com, then he has no
choice but to rely on http://zooko.com , which means whoever controls
that server or domain name gets to choose what file he gets when he
makes that request.

(That's part of what Zooko's Triangle was all about.)