[tahoe-dev] v1.5 here we come!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 19:39:26 PDT 2009

Folks:

June is the month for releasing Tahoe v1.5!  I'm going through the
tickets triaging them, fixing a few easy ones, and starting to edit
NEWS and relnotes.txt.  My main goals at this point are: solving major
issues like #732, and porting/compiling/stability/packaging issues
such as are revealed by looking at the full buildbot waterfall:
https://dev.allmydata.com/buildbot-tahoe/waterfall and such as have
been reported by e.g. Black Dew.

I also hope to do something for "backwards-compatibility" issues like
#708 and #731.

Finally, it would be great to get a speed improvement so I'm messing
with segment size, and it would be great to get François's patches
from ticket #534.  More on that in a separate message.

Also, I am very eager to get Tahoe-LAFS included in Debian.  I know of
some things that I could do to make that easier, but I don't know how
to get the attention of a Debian Developer.  Also I would really
appreciate the use of a buildbot which is running a recent version of
Debian.

Help producing Tahoe-LAFS v1.5 would be greatly appreciated!

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/534 # "tahoe cp" command encoding issue
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/708 # graceful handling of
capabilities in a format from the future that you can't understand
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/731 # what to do with filenames
that are illegal on some systems
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/732 # Not Enough Shares when
repairing a file which has 7 shares on 2 servers