[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #659: tests fail on rusty dusty server

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Thu Mar 19 15:42:43 PDT 2009

#659: tests fail on rusty dusty server
----------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
 Reporter:  arch_o_median                                             |           Owner:  arch_o_median
     Type:  defect                                                    |          Status:  new

Comment(by arch_o_median):

 Replying to [comment:10 zooko]:
 > Wait a minute!  You mean that when you reran the exact same test which
 earlier produced "test.log" which you attached in
 http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/659#comment:1 , it didn't produce
 the same output?  (The test_immutable and some other ones didn't fail?)

    Not quite:
      When I ran "python ./setup.py test" the first time I got this result:
 http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/attachment/ticket/659/test_all_one

      When I ran "python ./setup.py test" the second time I got this
 results:
 http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/attachment/ticket/659/test_all_two

      When I ran "python ./setup.py test -s allmydata.test.test_immutable"
 96 times I generated 0 [ERRORS].

   The [ERROR] sets generated by "setup.py test" are not the same.

   Given the above observations I thought it would be interesting to look
 at patterns in [ERROR] messages generated across a large number of
 "setup.py test" runs.   I had resolved to do this when a new development
 arose. The Rusty Dusty server, died.

   That is it generated some terrifying error message and became totally
 non-responsive.   Unfortunately this occurred several days ago and I
 cannot remember the specifics of the error.  I eventually powered the
 machine down.   Today when I pressed the power button to bring it back up,
 it started emitting a regular BEEEP BEEEP noise, and gave no other signs
 of life (e.g. no activity on monitor).  I did this twice.

   My new plan is to run the above tests on a different old desktop, while
 debugging Rusty.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/659#comment:15>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>