[tahoe-dev] Questions about Tahoe

Tony Lee tony.p.lee at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 06:56:52 PST 2009

Base on "http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe"'s Network topology diagram,
                can there be multiple gateways in the network?
                Is the storage servers capable of handling
simultaneous update from multiple gateway units?
                If so, do the overall storage performance scale up
linearly if I add more storage server and gateways to the networks.

How do the performance scaling up compare to the pNFS or latest parallel Samba?

The Kirkwood CPU use in the $99 1.2 GHz plug computer has HW crypto
unit.  I like to the see the system benefit from it.  But only the
gateway CPU needs the fast encryption and decryption performance
right?   We can't really destributed encryption operations, right?