[tahoe-dev] tahoe not building on openbsd

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Tue Nov 10 23:20:37 PST 2009

On Tuesday, 2009-11-10, at 23:57 , <kyle at arbyte.us> <kyle at arbyte.us>
wrote:

> The problem on my end is that I don't know Python (I'm a Perl guy,
> don't
> hurt me!) so I don't know what to tweak.  I know that if I take the
> failing
> ld command and just add
> -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/amd64-unknown-openbsd4.6/3.3.5/fpic as the first
> switch,
> the linker will use the correct libgcc and succeed.

Edit pycryptopp's setup.py [1], find the variable named
"extra_link_args", and add the following line:

extra_link_args.append("-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/amd64-unknown-
openbsd4.6/3.3.5/fpic ")

Then see if it works.  Hey look!  You just learned Python.  :-)

>> What we really need is an OpenBSD buildslave
> I'd volunteer to do this, but I suspect that not knowing Python may
> make me ineffective here.

After we get pycryptopp and Tahoe-LAFS building on your system then
I'll ask you again.  At that point you shouldn't really need to do
anything Python-specific -- you'll just run a daemon which is the
buildbot's "buildslave".

[1] http://allmydata.org/trac/pycryptopp/browser/setup.py