[tahoe-dev] OpenWRT / WLAN router

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Wed Nov 18 10:40:52 PST 2009

On Wednesday, 2009-11-18, at 11:06 , Stefan Xenon wrote:

> Hi!
> I am wondering if any experience or activities exist towards the
> usage of Tahoe on an usual WLAN router.

Welcome!

This is a FAQ so I added it to the FAQ.  :-)

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/FAQ

Q: Does Tahoe-LAFS work on embedded devices such as a [http://
www.pogoplug.com PogoPlug] or an [http://openwrt.org OpenWRT] router?

A: Probably! François Deppierraz contributes [http://allmydata.org/
buildbot/builders/François%20lenny-armv5tel a buildbot] which shows
that Tahoe-LAFS builds and all the unit tests pass on his QNAP TS-109
NAS box running under Debian Lenny.  Someone joins the mailing list
and asks about this approximately every month (see [http://
allmydata.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/ the archives]).  All you embedded
device lovers ought to get together and try it out and report to the
list.