[tahoe-dev] What's the state of the art in digital signatures? Re: What's the state of the art in factorization?

yu xue xueyu7452 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 22:57:39 PDT 2010

I stumbled upon a special digital signature scheme which is based on
Mandelbrot and Julia Fractal Sets[1]. The author claimed that it has
advantage of shorter key size and better performace etc than RSA/DSA.
However, it seems that sender and receiver both need to generate pub/private
key... I am not sure whether this can be allowed.

In addition, I don't know whether the network coding-related digital
signature is benefit, such as [2,3]. It seems that this kind of signature is
still based on discrete log problem such as CDH assumptions....

Just a *half thought* consideration:), thanks..

Regards
  Yu Xue

Reference:
[1] A new digital scheme based on Mandelbrot and Julia Fractal Sets
http://www.scipub.org/fulltext/ajas/ajas411848-856.pdf
[2] Signing a Linear Subspace:Signature Schemes for Network Coding
http://crypto.stanford.edu/~dabo/abstracts/netcode.html
[3] http://eprint.iacr.org/2009/569

    此致
敬礼!