[tahoe-dev] barriers to using tahoe

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Mon Feb 1 11:25:21 PST 2010

Generally, UI work requires use-study, design work, analysis, and careful, structured implementation.  There is apparently $400 on the table for anyone who wants to work through that whole process.  Simply identifying 'optimal user experience' (where optimal really just means 'your average joe won't give up on it after 2 minutes') is probably weeks of work, or more, to do correctly.  Even then, you'll never please everyone, but that's life.

Step one, IMHO, is to identify what specifically, for joe-user, is weak (read: not intuitive/user friendly).  The end goal, at least for me, would be to see a UI/presentation layer that wraps the WAPI functions into something very friendly (read: my little sister could use it).

Is there an existing issue open, or a location we could use, to outline various UI related pain-points, in a way that would be useful to the developers?

Best Regards,
Nathan Eisenberg
Sr. Systems Administrator - Atlas Networks, LLC
office: 206.577.3078 | suncadia: 206.210.5450
www.atlasnetworks.us | www.suncadianet.com