[tahoe-dev] barriers to using tahoe

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Mon Feb 1 12:07:14 PST 2010

I think the first, and biggest, gain could be made by making Windows
installation, configuration and usage simpler.  The allmydata Windows
client is good, but the Tahoe node it installs is an ancient version.
We need something that makes it easy to install a modern Tahoe on
Windows, running the node as a service, with desktop shortcuts to the
WUI, SMB-based access to the grid, etc.

This is something I've been meaning to tackle for a long time, but
haven't gotten around to.  I'm a Linux bigot, but I recognize that for
large-scale adoption, Windows is critical.

--
Shawn