[tahoe-dev] An additional bounty for an SFTP interface

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Sat Feb 6 13:20:28 PST 2010

Jody Harris wrote:

> There is a problem that I did not state explicitly:
>
> "I do not have a pycrypto package available on Ubuntu 9.10."

The debian package name is "python-crypto", and if you installed the
Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) tahoe-lafs package, you should already have it. The
dependency chain is:

 tahoe-lafs -> python-twisted -> python-twisted-conch->python-crypto

The relevant section in the Tahoe docs (docs/frontends/FTP-and-SFTP.txt)
says:

  The Tahoe SFTP server requires the Twisted "Conch" component (a
  "conch" is a twisted shell, get it?). Many Linux distributions package
  the Conch code separately: debian puts it in the
  "python-twisted-conch" package. Conch requires the "pycrypto" package,
  which is a Python+C implementation of many cryptographic functions
  (the debian package is named "python-crypto").

In short, if you follow the "Configuring SFTP Access" instructions in
the docs, it ought to work for your karmic box without installing
anything extra. Did that fail somehow?

cheers,