[tahoe-dev] wanted: a permanent copy of everything I've ever looked at through my web browser

Malte Nuhn malte.nuhn at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Feb 17 16:26:25 PST 2010

Hi *,

Am 17.02.2010 um 03:10 schrieb Zooko O'Whielacronx:

> Folks:
>
> I want to be able to recall, and to search through, everything that
> I've ever looked at through my web browser.

Of course, I do not know what the main ideas behind the "web browser
history store" idea are,
but at least from my (quite distant) point of view, I want to
carefully comment on this one:

Isn't this an - in some sense - artifical project? Wouldn't it be
several orders
of magnitude more natural to implement an email archive first?

At least for me, losing my browser's history is less dramatic than
losing all my mails.
(Think of all the attachments!)

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think e-mail, instant messenger communication
logs, sms, ...
are more valuable than anyone's browser history.

It might also be an interesting thing to get people moving their mails
out from gmail (etc.)
to Tahoe mail archives!

Well, I hope noone got me wrong with this comment ;-)
It's just my feeling about this topic...

Cheers,
Malte