[tahoe-dev] Crypto++ stable release

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Wed Jul 7 10:05:14 PDT 2010

Dear Wei Dai:

Warning: although I described the steps that we want to do to vet
Crypto++ for pycryptopp's purposes, and those steps will also help to
test Crypto++ itself for your purposes, I don't know if I am going to
have time for this in the next couple of weeks, and I don't know if
anybody else is going to volunteer to do so.

If you are waiting on us to make the next Crypto++ stable release,
then say so and we'll ask if anyone wants to volunteer to do any of:

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/pycryptopp/ticket/43# add a quick start-up
self test for SHA-256
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/pycryptopp/ticket/44# test what happens if
another Python module loads Crypto++ dynamic link library
http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/pycryptopp/ticket/45# upgrade to latest
Crypto++ with SHA-256 bugfixes

If nobody steps up then you have to decide whether to wait and see if
one of us gets time in the next couple of weeks or resolve to go ahead
without us. :-/