[tahoe-dev] Behavior when storage nodes go below shares.happy?

Kyle Markley kyle at arbyte.us
Fri Jul 9 19:30:36 UTC 2010

> Uploads of immutable files should fail if happy = 4 and total servers
> reachable = 3. Are you miscounting total servers reachable by
> forgetting to count the node which is doing the upload, or something?

Mystery solved.  User error.  :)

When I originally configured the node, I used:
shares.needed = 2
shares.happy = 3
shares.total = 4

I changed it to 2/4/4 last night before starting the backup.  I neglected
to restart the node, however, so it was still using shares.happy=3.  So
when one machine disappeared, it didn't care.

--
Kyle Markley