[tahoe-dev] what do we want from decentralized introduction?

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Jul 14 18:43:30 UTC 2010

On 7/9/10 11:18 AM, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:

> I have some questions about how decentralized (gossip-based)
> introduction is supposed to work. Faruq (and everyone who cares about
> decentralized introduction!) please tell me if my assumptions are
> wrong.

I'd discourage a change that causes tahoe.cfg's [node]introducer.furl to
be ignored. I think it's just too confusing.

In fact, even in a multi-introducer environment, you need the tahoe.cfg
entry as a bootstrap.

I'd name the flat file "BASEDIR/introducer.furls". The code which
updates it should treat it as a set, expressed as a sorted list, one
FURL per line. In the future we might extend this syntax (probably with
comments, then allowing space-separated lists of things in each line, to
allow for what-kind-of-introducer markers, etc).

So I think that the node should use the union of tahoe.cfg's
[node]introducer.furl and the contents of BASEDIR/introducer.furls as
introducers.

cheers,