[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #68: implement distributed introduction, remove Introducer as a single point of failure

tahoe-lafs trac at tahoe-lafs.org
Mon Jul 12 22:28:55 UTC 2010

#68: implement distributed introduction, remove Introducer as a single point of
failure
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
     Reporter:  lvo           |       Owner:  writefaruq
         Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new
    Component:  code-network  |     Version:  0.2.0
   Resolution:                |    Keywords:  scalability availability introduction gsoc review-needed docs
Launchpad Bug:                |
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Comment (by writefaruq):

 I've drafted the following text. Please correct me!

 For configuration.txt:
  If a Tahoe grid has multiple introducers, each introducer's FURL must be
 placed in  "BASEDIR/introducers" file. Each line of this file contains
 exactly one FURL entry. Any FURL entry found in tahoe.cfg will be copied
 to that file.

 For architecture.txt:
  By deploying multiple introducers in a Tahoe grid, the above SPoF
 challenge can be overcome. In that case if one introducer fails clients
 are still be  able to get announcement about new servers from remaining
 introducers. This is our first step towards implementing a fully
 distributed introduction.
  For future releases, we have plans to enhance our distributed
 introduction, allowing any server to tell a new client about all the
 others.

 For running.html:
  To use multiple introducers, write all introducers' FURLs in
 "BASEDIR/introducers" file, one FURL per line.

--
Ticket URL: <http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/68#comment:44>
tahoe-lafs <http://tahoe-lafs.org>