[tahoe-dev] zfec right for me?

Markus Beyer m.beyer5 at gmx.de
Fri Jul 16 07:18:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to build a data store for my files.
I would like to shield the file in it against corruption, eg bit errors on the disk and the like.
Can I achive this with zfec? If so, what m and k would you advice I use?
I'm guessing I don't need a lot of k since the files won't leave my nas in the shielded state. Am I right?
Also, does zfec have the ability to detect if one of the pieces is corrupted so it won't be used for reconstruction of the original (leading to corrupt original data) ?

Thanks for the help,
Markus