[tahoe-dev] zfec dependencies

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sat Jul 24 01:22:45 UTC 2010

Marc Tooley <tahoe-devPOST at quake.ca> writes:

> On Friday 23 July 2010, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Still, does it make sense to add darcsver to pkgsrc?  I have already
>> made the package control files.
>
> Are you using darcs-2.4.4? darcs-2.0.2 or even darcs-2.2.0 both have a
> problem on NetBSD whereby they can fail at datetime conversions. For
> more information, see [1]. That link also contains the following patch
> which fixes that specific issue:

I am not using darcs at all yet, just trying to get tahoe-lafs to
package cleanly.

I don't see any reason not to move pkgsrc to 2.4.4, assuming someone
here doesn't yell that it's broken.  So thanks for the 2.0/2.2 cautions,
but I'm inclined to move on.

> I am in the middle of creating a darcs-2.4.4 pkgsrc entry. I believe the
> problem (and many others) are resolved in darcs-2.4.4 but this is based
> only on speculation.

OK.  Check out pkgsrc-wip/darcs, which is at 2.3.99.2.  Improvements
welcome.  (I am not working on a darcs update.)

> P.S. I have a pubkey here with ID 1024D/32611E25 has expired and so your
> GPG signatures are invalid. Is there a new key somewhere I can
> download?

Yes, from keys.gnupg.net.