[tahoe-dev] building and pre-existing dependencies

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sun Jul 25 03:28:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> OK, I'm done, but now having one small issue at runtime.  The egg files
> end up uid root mode 400.  This seems to be carried over from the
> tarball (.tar.bz2) that has files 600 instead of 644.  Is there any
> reason to have the tarball like that?  Obviously I can add a chmod, but
> this seems wrong of the tarball.

Hm, when I run "make tarballs" I get a tarball that has files with
664. What do you get?>

But I see that http://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/releases/allmydata-tahoe-1.7.1.tar.bz2
has 600.

There is a buildbot which automatically generates the tarballs that we
distribute. Here is the entire output from the most recent time that
it did so

http://tahoe-lafs.org/buildbot/builders/tarballs/builds/654/steps/tarballs/logs/stdio

I don't see anything out of place there.

Kyle: do you have a restrictive umask on the buildbot user?